Frequently Asked Questions
Microneedling is a procedure where several sterile tiny needles penetrate the skin to create tiny "micro-injuries". This prompts your body’s natural healing powers, creating new collagen and generating other new skin tissue.
What is Microinfusion with AQUAGOLD?
Microinfusion is a more sophisticated drug delivery system. It uses hollow bore needles that are thinner than a human hair to target a specific layer of the skin, the dermis. Microinfusing drugs or vitamins can improve efficacy and decrease side effects. There is less downtime with micro infusion.
What can Microneedling/Microinfusion improve?
- Acne Scarring
- Large Pore
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Uneven Pigmentation
- General Texture Irregularities
- Uneven Skin Tone
For micro infusion with Botox and hyaluronic acid filler we recommend 2-4 treatments a year..
What is the pre-procedure for Microneedling/AQUAGOLD?
Before the procedure we will make sure all makeup and moisturizer is removed from the area to be treated.
- The provider will wipe the area to be treated with alcohol
- Then topical numbing will be applied for 30 minutes
- Then the provider will wipe the numbing cream off with alcohol before proceeding
How long does the procedure last?
The procedure lasts approximately 20-30 minutes.
What does Microneedling/AQUAGOLD feel like?
Since you are numbed you are as comfortable as possible. Most of our patients say they don’t feel anything, except a small vibration from the Microneedling Pen or pressure from the AQUAGOLD device.
What is the post-procedure for Microneedling/AQUAGOLD?
After your treatment we will apply a calming serum to soothe your skin. There is no major downtime after Microneedling/AQUAGOLD. We recommend waiting 4 hours before washing your face in order to allow any fluids to penetrate deeper into the skin. You will more than likely experience redness (similar to a sunburn), but will subside within a few days after your treatment. It is important to make sure to apply sunscreen to protect your skin during this time. You may experience some peeling of the skin or dryness 3-5 days after treatment. Make sure to use a good non-comedogenic moisturizer after to keep the skin hydrated. Do not use harsh soaps, alcohol based products, vitamin c, retinol/retinoids on your face for 48 hours after the procedure. Avoid applying makeup for 24 hours.
What therapies compliment Microneedling/AQUAGOLD?
Microneedling /AQUAGOLD creates so many channels into the deeper layers of your skin, adding therapies is a great opportunity to deliver therapeutic products to the treated area where they can do the most good. You can use Microneedling with:
- Platelet-rich Plasma: PRP is a solution made from your blood. We spin the blood in a centrifuge until a highly concentrated solution of plasma and platelets remain. PRP contains growth factors that promote blood clotting and proteins that promote cellular growth.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Your skin naturally contains hyaluronic acid, which works to make your skin plumper and more full. The levels as we age naturally decrease, so this a great way to restore a more youthful appearance. For Aquagold we can even add hyaluronic acid filler to the mixture for a longer lasting hydration
- Botox: We can add a micro dose of both to help decrease sebum production, pore size, and give your skin a glass like appearance.
- Vitamin Cocktail: B vitamins, vitamin c, Vitamin E, and ferric acid can all help improve skin texture, appearance, and pigmentation issues. Adding this to your treatment can help address issues like hyperpigmentation.
- To ensure a safe recovery, you can follow your procedure with the Beauty Sutra Skin care products below
Daily Replenishing SPF 30+ 1.7 fl oz / 50 ml
Broad Spectrum SPF 30+
Chemical-free tinted moisturizer with zinc and titanium plus antioxidants to protect against damaging UVA/UVB rays and prevent future damage. Anti wrinkle peptides help to firm skin. May be used as a makeup primer or lightweight foundation.
- Chemical-free to calm skin and lessen redness
- Effective anti-wrinkle ingredients smooth skin
- Paraben-free, non-comedogenic
- Safe for all skin types including sensitive skin, and pre-and post-laser and other cosmetic treatments
7.5% Transparent Zinc Oxide: provides chemical-free protection from damaging UVB (burning) and UVA (aging) rays while also calming skin that is red, post-procedure, irritated, or sun-damaged.
2.56% Titanium Dioxide: chemical-free, physical block from UVB (burning) and UVA (aging) rays.
Firming Peptides: powerful rejuvenating peptides work as collagen and elastin boosters to lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and minimize signs of aging.
Aloe Vera: calms inflammation and redness, while soothing and moisturizing skin. It has multiple antioxidant benefits as well as skin softening, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
How to Use
Apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply at least every 2 hours. Use a water-resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating. Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor.
Daily Replenishing is suitable for all skin types, including Fitzpatrick Skin Types 5 and 6.
Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide (7.5%), Titanium Dioxide (2.56%) FDA-approved chemical free, physical block from UVB (burning) and UVA (aging) rays
Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclopentasiloxane, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, C13-16 Isoparaffin, C12-14 Isoparaffin, Aluminum Hydroxide, C13-15 Alkane, Isostearic Acid, PEG/PPG-20/15 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein (Colhibin), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein (Elhibin), Perfluorodecalin, Aloe Vera Gel, Sorbitan Oleate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance.
Lavender Creamy Cleanser 6 fl oz / 180 ml
For Dry, Mature, or Post-Procedure Skin
Hydrating milk cleanser with lavender essential oil, aloe, and vitamin E. Gently removes makeup and impurities.
- Promotes skin softness and smoothness
- Replenishes skin moisture as it removes debris and makeup
- Gentle botanicals calm and cleanse
- Suitable for face, neck, and eyes
- Soothes redness and dryness
- Ideal for dry, sensitive, sunburned, or laser treated skin
- Can be used with water or without
Lavender Essential Oil: This detoxifying botanical has tremendous antiseptic and natural antibiotic skin benefits.
Aloe Vera: This highly regarded botanical is the ultimate gift from nature to calm inflammation and redness, while soothing and moisturizing skin.
Vitamin E: Antioxidant, free radical fighter that helps boost skin’s defense against environmental damage.
How to Use
Gently massage small amount onto face and neck twice daily. Leave on for 10 seconds. Rinse thoroughly with tepid water or remove with a tissue. Follow with exfoliator and/or treatment serum.
Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium PCA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA.
Vita Soothe 1 fl oz / 30 ml
Protective Replenishing Serum
Antioxidant replenishing serum restores skin’s biodentical glycolipids and vitamins E and F. Contains strongest antioxidant, Lipochroman® to help correct and protect skin from environmental aging. Provides instant glow and smoother, plumper skin.
- Helps correct dull rough skin while you sleep.
- Reduces visible signs of aging.
- Provides antioxidant and moisturizing nutrients to brighten and help rejuvenate your skin's texture.
- Excellent for red and overly-dry acneic skin.
*Results May Vary For Each User
Lipochroman®: The only double action antioxidant to protect skin from both nitrogen and oxygen free radicals, this anti-pollution ingredient is also the strongest antioxidant made. It is eleven times stronger than Idebenone.
Vitamin F (Linoleic and Linolenic Acids):Omega-6 essential fatty acids that replenish moisture so that dull, rough skin softens and firms with continued use. Excellent for acneic skin since acneic skin is deficient in Vitamin F.
Vitamin E (Tocopherol Acetate): A form of Vitamin E that is 20 times stronger as an antioxidant and is the only antioxidant that protects skin from Nitrogen free radicals caused by environmental pollutants.
Lipids: Help to trap moisture into skin by mimicking the silky molecules found in baby skin that prevents water from escaping from skin surface.
How to Use
After cleansing, apply to face (and neck) twice daily. Follow with moisturize.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Dimethiconol, Glyceryl Linoleate (Vitamin F), Glyceryl Linolenate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Lecithin, Glyocolipids, Dimethylmethoxy Chromanol, Phenoxyethanol.