Botox® Before and After
Frequently Asked Questions About Botox®
BOTOX® is an FDA approved prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to temporarily improve the look of moderate to severe forehead lines, crow’s feet, and frown lines between the eyebrows in adults.
How long does BOTOX® last?
BOTOX® lasts approximately 4 months. However, everyone’s body is different, so the amount of time could be shorter or longer.
How long do I have to wait between each treatment?
Patients can be treated every 91 days.
Will I always have to have the same number of units injected?
With continuous and timely repeat of injections the muscles lose memory, so you will eventually only need ⅓ of the units that you started with.
How long does it take to see results?
Results typically take 5-7 days to start to seeing improvements in the appearance of dynamic wrinkles and will continue to get better with time. Some patients start to notice results the next day.
What is the BOTOX® procedure?
- Cleanse desired treatment area with alcohol prep pad
- Mark areas to be injected
- Inject intradermally
- Spread small aliquots of product around the treatment area to give uniform effect
What is the post-procedure instructions for BOTOX®?
- Raised bumps on areas that were injected may be visible for several hours after treatment
- Bruising can occur
- No exercise for 24 hours
- Do not lay flat for 4 hours after treatment
- Wear sunscreen
- Can be retreated in 91 days
- No facials, rubbing, or massaging the treated area for 24 hours as this can cause BOTOX® to move outside of the desired treatment area
- For compounded results you can follow your procedure with the Beauty Sutra Skin care products below
Age Reverse System
Age Reverse System is an effective skin care regimen specifically formulated to correct and prevent visible signs of aging, and increase luminosity. Developed by a board-certified dermatologist, this system has been clinically tested and delivers proven results with a combination of concentrated, medical grade actives and natural ingredients.
In a clinical study, testers with Fitzpatrick skin types II, III, and IV, ages 37 to 75 years were enrolled. Patients applied the three Age Reverse System products to their faces as directed by a dermatologist. Patients’ skin was documented at baseline, and improvement in visible aging signs was assessed by both clinician and patient at biweekly intervals.
- Clinical studies show that after 4 weeks of use:87% of patients saw improvement in lines and wrinkles
- 80% saw evening of skin tone and improvement in brown spots
- 93% noticed improvement in skin smoothness
- 87% saw lessening of redness
Age Reverse System Includes:
1. Chamomile Facial Cleanser
- Benefits: Cleanses, soothes and hydrates normal to sensitive skin.
- Key Ingredients: Chamomile Essential Oil, Peptides and Brown Algae Extract
- Benefits: Dramatically improves deeper lines, brightness, texture, and pores
- Key Ingredients: Lilac Stem Cells, Vitamin C, and Marine Extracts
4. Ultra Benefits®
- Benefits: Protects from environmental aging. Visible improved lines, wrinkles, and age spots.
- Key Ingredients: Antioxidant Lipochroman®, Peptides, and Brighteners.
How to Use:
Use the Age Reverse System twice daily. CLEANSE: Start by gently massaging a small amount of cleanser onto damp face and neck. Leave on for 10 seconds. Rinse thoroughly with tepid water. TREAT:Subsequently, apply treatment serum to face and neck. MOISTURIZE: Finish with moisturizer. Follow with your favorite sunscreen (use SPF 30 or greater) in the morning.
Ultra Benefits 1.7 fl oz / 50 ml
Firming and Brightening Moisturizer
Antioxidant moisturizer combining the strongest antioxidant, Lipochroman® to help reverse and prevent visible aging changes. Peptides and brighteners visibly improve appearance of lines, wrinkles, and age spots.
- Unique triple-action antioxidant helps provide protection from free radicals that contribute to premature aging
- Brightens skin and evens skin tone
- Firms and hydrates skin with advanced peptides
Daily Replenishing SPF 30+ 1.7 fl oz / 50 ml
Broad Spectrum SPF 30+
Chemical-free tinted moisturizer with zinc and titanium plus antioxidants to protect against damaging UVA/UVB rays and prevent future damage. Anti wrinkle peptides help to firm skin. May be used as a makeup primer or lightweight foundation.
- Chemical-free to calm skin and lessen redness
- Effective anti-wrinkle ingredients smooth skin
- Paraben-free, non-comedogenic
- Safe for all skin types including sensitive skin, and pre-and post-laser and other cosmetic treatments
7.5% Transparent Zinc Oxide: provides chemical-free protection from damaging UVB (burning) and UVA (aging) rays while also calming skin that is red, post-procedure, irritated, or sun-damaged.
2.56% Titanium Dioxide: chemical-free, physical block from UVB (burning) and UVA (aging) rays.
Firming Peptides: powerful rejuvenating peptides work as collagen and elastin boosters to lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and minimize signs of aging.
Aloe Vera: calms inflammation and redness, while soothing and moisturizing skin. It has multiple antioxidant benefits as well as skin softening, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
How to Use
Apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply at least every 2 hours. Use a water-resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating. Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor.
Daily Replenishing is suitable for all skin types, including Fitzpatrick Skin Types 5 and 6.
Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide (7.5%), Titanium Dioxide (2.56%) FDA-approved chemical free, physical block from UVB (burning) and UVA (aging) rays
Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclopentasiloxane, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, C13-16 Isoparaffin, C12-14 Isoparaffin, Aluminum Hydroxide, C13-15 Alkane, Isostearic Acid, PEG/PPG-20/15 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein (Colhibin), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein (Elhibin), Perfluorodecalin, Aloe Vera Gel, Sorbitan Oleate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance.
Chamomile Facial Cleanser 6 fl oz / 180 ml
For Normal to Sensitive Skin
Gentle gel cleanser formulated to replenish moisture and nourish skin while removing impurities. Chamomile and ginger essential oils calm and soothe skin, helping to reduce redness and irritation. Algae peptides firm and smooth skin texture, while brown algae extract clears away pollution and makeup.
- Replenishes moisture.
- Excellent for pre- and post- procedure use.
- Ideal for sensitive, post procedure, red or irritated skin.
- Contains no pore-clogging ingredients.
- Softens appearance of fine lines and helps smooth skin texture.
- Sulfate-free: formulated with non-irritating and non-comedogenic ingredients that will not cause redness or acne breakouts.
Algae peptides: This botanical extract from the Hawaiian sea produces a moisture surge as it firms and smoothes skin texture.
Chamomile and Ginger Essential Oils: These ultra-soothing botanicals calm and soothe your skin, helping reduce redness and irritation.
Panthenol: Vitamin B5, a skin conditioning nutrient that softens and smoothes.
How to Use
Gently massage small amount onto damp face and neck twice daily. Leave on for 10 seconds. Rinse thoroughly with tepid water. Follow with exfoliator and/or treatment serum.
Water (Aqua), Sodium Cocoyl Wheat Amino Acids, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Ahnfeltiopsis Concinna (Red Algae) Extract, Hydrolyzed Algin, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Oil, Phenoxyethanol.
C-Stem 1 fl oz / 30 ml
Concentrated Anti-Aging Serum
Concentrated anti-aging serum with lilac stem cells, vitamin C, and marine extracts. Dramatically improves deeper lines, brightness, texture, and pores.
- Lessens appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Shields from environmental toxins, free radicals
- Plumps skin appearance with Hyaluronic boost
- Lessens blackheads, breakouts, and improves pore appearance
- Brightens skin and evens skin tone
- Helps to calm redness and rosacea
Vitamin C (Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate): Present at 3%, this antioxidant, skin brightening collagen-booster is 8 times stronger than L-ascorbic acid at collagen formation; it helps reverse sun damage by shielding from UVA as well as UVB.
Lilac Stem Cells: Reactivate youthful genes, lessen inflammation, lessen breakouts and minimize pore appearance, decrease pigmentation by tyrosinase inhibition, and fight free radicals.
Marine Algae Extract: Gene modulator based on marine extracts proven to decrease Progerin, the skin’s aging protein.
Undaria Algae Extract: Reactivates 14 genes that become deactivated over time and with aging. These genes are responsible for the production of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid, the natural skin fillers and firming components. Reactivating these 14 genes helps to reduce wrinkles and helps to create a more youthful, lifted appearance.